Skip to content. | Skip to navigation


Manufactured Housing

If you have experienced problems buying or siting a manufactured home, or have complaints with a manufactured home that you have already purchased, you have a few options.

Call the NC Department of Insurance, Manufactured Building Division at 919-661-5880. The state maintains a Manufactured Housing Board that mediates disputes between the industry and consumers, and they may be able to assist you.

Send a Consumer Complaint form to the NC Attorney General's office. Visit their website and follow the instructions for filing a complaint. If you cannot print the form out, call 919-716-6000, and they will send it to you.

Visit the Legal Aid of NC website and find the office closest to you. Legal Aid provides legal assistance to people with low incomes, and may be able to help you.

The Manufactured Housing Research Alliance, in cooperation with the HUD and the Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing has a new guide available. Manufactured Homes: Saving Money by Saving Energy, presents practical, energy-saving tips, techniques, and recommendations for owners of manufactured homes. The guide is available here as a free download, and can be ordered in print for a nominal charge from HUD USER by calling 800-245-2691.

Document Actions