Skip to content. | Skip to navigation


Section 8 & Public Housing

Section 8 or housing choice vouchers are rental assistance from the federal government that can be obtained from a local housing authority. 

To locate your local housing authorities, search the list provided by the US Department of HUD.

Contact information for housing authorities and a listing of affordable apartments that may accept Section 8, organized by county, can also be found here and here.

If you are looking for information on porting your voucher to North Carolina, first contact your current housing authority.

Section 8 project-based units
are apartments that are subsidized by the government and are cheaper than market-rate units. To see a list of some of these apartments in your area, click here.

We also have county resource guides that list affordable housing that accepts Section 8 vouchers. For more information, click here.

Document Actions