For the latest in NC events, including conferences and TAHC workshops, click here.
See below for information on additional trainings, webinars and tests.
HUD Webinar Training for Housing Counselors in August: Register for these
webinars today. Space is limited. After registering you will receive a
confirmation email containing information about joining these webinars. There
is no fee for these webinars. These webinars are sponsored by HUD’s Office of
· August 19, 2014 - Webinar: A review of the NEW 9902. A review of the NEW Form 9902 (Housing Counseling Agency Activity Report) for housing counseling agencies and CMS vendors. Reserve your Webinar seat now
· August 26, 2014 - Webinar: Stakeholders Meeting: Training Needs for Housing Counselors (LHCAs and sub-grantees/affiliates). Reserve your Webinar seat now
· August 29, 2014 - Webinar. Emergency Preparedness Planning for Housing Counseling Agencies. This stakeholders meeting will discuss the role of housing counseling agencies in community emergency responses and the importance of Emergency Preparedness Planning.
IRS Educational Products, Workshops and Seminars for Exempt Organizations:
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers training for non-profit organizations. Visit their website to view the IRS training calendar. The IRS provides on-line training for tax-exempt organizations and charitable organizations seeking tax-exempt status at www.StayExempt.irs.gov. The site includes information for new applicants; information to help existing exempt organizations maintain their exemption; and more in-depth topics. Training dates include:
· September 08-09, 2014 - San Francisco, CA
· September 17, 2014 - Blackwood, NJ
· September 18, 2014 - South Orange, NJ
· October 29-30, 2014 - Eau Claire, WI
· December 09, 2014 - Austin, TX
Also View the IRS webinar course catalog for workshops you can take on-line.
Save the Date for These Upcoming NeighborWorks® Training Opportunities: More information can be found on the NeighborWorks® training calendar.
· August 18 - 22, 2014 - Orlando FL, NeighborWorks® Training Institute. Join with NeighborWorks® and housing counselors from all across America to attend a wide variety of classroom training courses and symposiums. More information, scholarship and registration instructions are on-line.
· August 20, 2014 - Orlando NTI Symposium, Homeownership in an Era of Change. New Technologies, Counselor Certification, and the Qualified Mortgage Rule. Hear updates, best practices and strategies to help your organization navigate recent changes in the homeownership Industry. Learn more and register online.
· September 08-12, 2014 - Philadelphia, PA. NFMC Multi-course Training. Scholarship Deadline is August 6, 2014. Limited scholarships available. Apply today.
· December 08-12, 2014 - Washington, DC, NeighborWorks® Training Institute
NeighborWorks® eClassroom Express: NeighborWorks’ Dodd-Frank-related Courses eClassroom Express courses are a convenient, cost-friendly way to refresh your knowledge about topic areas covered in the Dodd-Frank legislation. Register online.
· August 14, 2014 - Responsibilities of Homeownership & Tenancy
National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) Training:
· September 15-19, 2014 - Atlanta, GA, Housing counselors and professional staff affiliated with HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agencies are cordially invited to attend these comprehensive housing counseling training courses:
· September 15-19, 2014 - HC108: HUD Housing Counseling Program Requirements. This course is designed to provide nonprofit organizations wishing to launch a housing counseling program with a better understanding of HUD’s regulations and program requirements for designing a homeownership education and counseling program. This training counts for 5 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). Register on-line today.
· September 15-18, 2014 - HC109: Managing and Curing Mortgage Delinquencies. This four-day course focuses on best practices in a number of areas, including counseling delivery and intake process, time and case management, loss mitigation and servicing abuses, and utilizing the HOPE Loan Portal. This training counts for 4 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). Register on-line today.
· September 19, 2014 - HC110: Privacy & Confidentiality. This one-day course will provide staff of Housing Counseling Agencies with training designed to inform participants of the requirements for practices protecting the privacy and confidentiality of consumers, and the way in which consumer information, communication, files, and records, individually or in aggregate, must be maintained in accordance with the HUD Handbook 7610.1. This training counts for 2 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). Register on-line today
Please visit NCRC’s website to find more information regarding Atlanta Training opportunities (Click “Training” to access the NCRC Training Academy’s portal.)
NHNLA Training for Housing Counselors: The National Council of La Raza Homeownership Network Learning Alliance (NHNLA) offers housing counselors extensive on-line training opportunities on a variety of topics. For more information, registrations, and course details, please visit the NHNLA training Calendar. Please see the list of new courses below:
· August 17, 2014 - eLearning Housing Counseling Competency: Dodd Frank Act Prep Course
· August 17, 2014 - eLearning Housing Counseling Competency: Financial Management
· August 17, 2014 - eLearning Housing Counseling Competency: Property Maintenance
· August 17, 2014 - eLearning Housing Counseling Competency: Responsibilities of Homeownership and Tenancy
· August 21, 2014 - eLearning Housing Counseling Competency: Avoidance of Foreclosure and Eviction
· August 21, 2014 - eLearning Housing Counseling Competency: Housing Affordability
· August 21, 2014 - eLearning Housing Counseling Competency: Fair Housing
· September 15-16, 2014 - Montebello, CA. Dodd Frank Topics Refresher Course
· October 21, 2014 - Webinar: Fair Lending and Mortgage Fraud Counseling
· October 23, 2014 - Webinar: Homebuyer Education Delivery
· October 28, 2014 - Webinar: Disaster Victims Counseling
· October 30, 2014 - Webinar: Rental Counseling
· November 04, 2014 - Webinar: HUD Compliance
· November 06, 2014 - Webinar: Program Sustainability, Marketing Your Non-Profit
· December 02, 2014 - Webinar: Basic Client Management Using CounselorMax
· December 04, 2014 - Webinar: Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counseling
· December 09, 2014 - Webinar: Advanced Client Management Using CounselorMax
· December 11, 2014 - Webinar: Homeless Counseling
· January 13, 2015 - Webinar: Predatory Lending
· January 15, 2015 - Basic Client Management Using Home Counselor Online
· January 20, 2015 - Advanced Client Management Using Home Counselor Online
· January 22, 2015 - Webinar: HUD Compliance
· January 27, 2015 - Webinar: Fair Housing
· May 20, 2015 - Web Seminar: Rental Counseling
· May 21, 2015 - Webinar: Fair Housing
· May 26, 2015 - Webinar: Basic Client Management Using CounselorMax
· May 27, 2015 - Webinar: Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counseling
· May 28, 2015 - Webinar: Advanced Client Management Using CounselorMax
Webinars and Live training events sponsored by Making Home Affordable (MHA): These training events designed specifically for housing counselors and other trusted advisors. Registration for the below courses and other information are available on-line.
· August 13, 2014 - Second Lien Modification Program (2MP)
· August 14, 2014 - Understanding the Terms of a HAMP Modification: Interest Rate Step-Up, Impact and Resources
· August 18, 2014 - Unemployment Program for Servicers
· August 20, 2014 - Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program Webinar
· August 26, 2014 - HAMP A to Z for Trusted Advisors
FHA Loss Mitigation Training around the Nation: This is “Live” classroom training for HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies, Servicing Lenders, and Nonprofits. The training will provide information on FHA Loss Mitigation tools. It will cover the new changes with HAMP, Pre-foreclosure Sale, and Deed-in-lieu. Registration required, No Fee..
· August 13, 2014 - Columbia, SC. Register on-line.
· August 14, 2014 - Atlanta, GA. Register on-line.
· August 13, 2014 - Chicago, IL. Register on-line
FHA Loss Mitigation Training Webinars: More information and registration for the below on-line course offerings can be found on-line.
· August 20, 2014 - Webinar II: HUD Loss Mitigation – Home Retention Options
· September 10, 2014 - Webinar III: HUD Loss Mitigation – Home Disposition Options
· September 17, 2014 - Webinar IV: Neighborhood Watch System
· September 24, 2014 - Webinar: Single Family Default Monitoring System (SFDMS) - Reporting Basics
· October 08, 2014 - Webinar: SFDMS - Reporting Examples
· October 15, 2014 - Webinar: SFDMS - Reporting Examples